(of a condition or circumstance) suggest or indicate that (a particular technique or drug) should not be used in the case in question.
Massage Therapy General Contraindications
- Acute conditions requiring medical attention
- Acute pneumonia
- Advanced kidney, respiratory or liver failure (a modified treatment may be possible with a physician's consent)
- Fever of 38.5°C (101.5°F) or above
- Severe and unstable hypertension
- Systemic contagious or infectious condition
- Blood clots
- Open or healing wounds
- Skin infections
- Weakened bones (such as from osteoporosis or cancer)
- Recent surgery
- Under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol or have taken blood thinners in the past 24 hours
by reading the above contraindications, you will have willingly agreed the release of any and all liability of your massage therapist from any of the above contraindications listed above.
I also affirm that I will notify my massage therapist/aesthetician of all known medical conditions and injuries to the best of my knowledge and that I will be held fully responsible for any damages incurred due to any misrepresentation of my health history.
I agree to inform the therapist of any changes in my health and medical condition. I understand that there shall be no liability on the therapist’s part should I forget to do so.
By reading this release, I hereby intend to waive and release my therapist from any and all liability, past, present, and future relating to Massage/BodyWork and/or SkinCare services.