Oxygen recreational therapy, often referred to as "oxygen therapy," is a wellness practice that involves inhaling purified oxygen voluntarily to enhance relaxation and overall well-being. Unlike medical oxygen therapy, which is prescribed by healthcare professionals for specific medical conditions, recreational oxygen therapy is sought out for non-medical purposes.
It offers individuals a unique opportunity to experience heightened alertness, increased vitality, and improved focus, resulting in a profound sense of rejuvenation. This blog post will dive into the realm of recreational oxygen therapy, delving into the science behind it, its various benefits, and how it can contribute to an elevated state of well-being.
Oxygen used at REMassage is purified to a higher level of purity (95%).
REMassage offers aromatherapy options with scents like lavender lemongrass or Timber.
Sessions are short, typically lasting 30 to 45 minutes, providing quick relaxation.
Reported benefits include increased alertness, reduced fatigue, stress relief, and reduced headaches.
It's important to note that recreational oxygen therapy is not a medical treatment and should not replace prescribed oxygen therapy for medical conditions.
Oxygen after a Deep Tissue?
After a deep tissue massage, oxygen can be a wonderful way to enhance the overall benefits of the massage experience. Here's how an oxygen add-on can complement and amplify the positive effects of a deep tissue massage at REMassage:
1. Enhanced Relaxation: A deep tissue massage can work out tension and knots in your muscles, leaving you feeling relaxed but sometimes physically fatigued. Inhaling oxygen at REMassage can help revitalize you, boosting your energy levels and making you feel more alert and refreshed after your massage.
2. Improved Circulation: Deep tissue massage can stimulate blood flow and circulation, but sometimes this can leave you feeling a bit lightheaded or in need of oxygen. Oxygen therapy can provide your body with the extra oxygen it might require, supporting the body's natural healing processes.
3. Mental Clarity: After a deep tissue massage, you might experience a sense of mental clarity and reduced stress. Oxygen can further enhance this effect, helping you feel more mentally focused and clear-headed.
4. Muscle Recovery: Deep tissue massage can sometimes lead to muscle soreness, especially if your therapist worked on tight or tense muscles. Oxygen can help reduce post-massage soreness and aid in muscle recovery by delivering oxygen-rich blood to the treated areas, promoting healing and reducing discomfort.
5. Overall Well-Being: Combining deep tissue massage with our O2Revive can create a holistic wellness experience. You'll leave feeling not only physically relaxed but also mentally revitalized, making it an excellent choice for those seeking a complete wellness package.
6. Stress Reduction: Deep tissue massage is known for its stress-relieving effects. It helps release tension not only in your muscles but also in your mind. When you pair it with oxygen therapy, you're essentially doubling down on stress reduction. The calming ambiance of a massage session, combined with the refreshing oxygen intake, can help you unwind completely.
7. Improved Oxygen Supply: Deep tissue massage can release metabolic waste and toxins from your muscles. Inhaling oxygen post-massage helps your body flush out these toxins more efficiently by providing an increased oxygen supply, aiding in the detoxification process.
8. Mood Enhancement: Oxygen is often associated with mood improvement. After a deep tissue massage, your body releases endorphins, which are natural mood lifters. Breathing in oxygen can complement this effect, leaving you with a heightened sense of well-being and a more positive outlook.
9. Faster Recovery: If your deep tissue massage was aimed at addressing specific muscle issues or injuries, oxygen therapy can accelerate the recovery process. It promotes cell regeneration and tissue repair, helping your body heal more effectively.
10. Extended Relaxation: The effects of a deep tissue massage often linger long after the session ends. When you follow it up with an O2Revive session, you extend that feeling of relaxation, making it last even longer. This extended relaxation can have positive effects on your sleep quality and overall stress levels.
The combination of an O2Revive session with a deep tissue massage offers a unique synergy of benefits that goes beyond the immediate relaxation. While the O2Revive session provides a refreshing boost of oxygen, which can enhance mental clarity, alleviate stress, and promote an overall sense of well-being, the deep tissue massage works to release muscle tension, improve circulation, and further contribute to your relaxation. This holistic approach to self-care leaves you feeling not only revitalized but also mentally and physically prepared to take on the world, making it a powerful addition to your wellness routine.